Saturday, April 5, 2008

The First Kick!





Reality is beginning to set in! Dominic kicked my hand last Sunday afternoon. Well, I had to push on him a bit to get him to do it but he did! I have finally realized this week that it is not indigestion.....it is baby. We have been staying really busy every since we found out it was a boy. Well, first we had to return ALL the baby girl clothes that had been purchased and I do mean an entire closet full, that includes a pink fur coat purchased by my mom (I know, I know we live in AZ, there was no stopping her!). We all went off the deep end I guess. For the past dew days we have been working on the nursery, ok Chris has, I've just been pointing and directing. He is installing chair railing right now. The nursery will be blue and brown polka dots with matching turtle bedding. The turtle shells have matching dots too! Who says boy things aren't as cute?? I will add some pictures when it is done, it may be awhile knowing how wonderful our painting skills are....

I have included some new pics of our most recent adventures. One of our dearest friends Angela just got married. It gave me the opportunity to wear my first maternity dress. I took in my first training day game with some great girlfriends, and of course our silly pup Snoot. He's in for a big surprise in a few months! But he will have a buddy for life once Dominic grows up a bit. Snoot will have to guard his wrinkles!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are TOO FUNNY... A PINK FUR COAT?!?! I am cracking up right now! You will have a closet full of baby blue before you know it! Love you guys,
Andrea

The Dovers- said...

Seriously, you don't even look preggers yet! You look great. I can't wait to see the nursery, I know that is a very exciting part of the pregnancy. Love ya,
Jana

Mom said...

This is the first chance I have had to "comment" since returning from AZ and NY. At least I didn't buy any "pink purses" in NY!
Chuck and I just want you to know how thrilling it was for us to be in the room when you had the ultrasound done and we got to see baby Dominic for the first time! That truly was amazing and I still "tear up" everytime I think about it. Chuck talks about it too!
"Back in our generation..." haha! We just never got to experience anything like that. We are so blessed that you want to share so much of this with us, including knowing with in the first hour or so after your EPT test! Sorry I was so slow in not getting it, jet lag I guess or just total shock!
What a wonderful Christmas present that was, I thought I was going to be saying "I WANT ONE" for a very long time to come! HA! We are blessed to have you as our children and we can't wait to be in AZ permanently (very soon) to watch Dominic grow up to become a fine (Christian) young man! We love you both (3) very much!

Mom said...

oh and I wish I had been quick enough to get to you by our pool that day to "feel" the first kick!
Oh well...I'm sure I will be getting my share during those diaper changes! hehe!

Anonymous said...

You are too cute Kara!! I'm so happy for you!! You are already such a cute little mommy!
Miss you! Karla